Help Needed - Bitmap in PlasmaCam

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
minerscreek
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Help Needed - Bitmap in PlasmaCam

Post by minerscreek »

Okay guys!
You are all far more than great and I bow down to you!
I took a picture and opened it in paint on my great computer. I then saved it as a 16 color bitmap bmp. I then imported it into the plasama cam software and my god.........lines everywhere! So, Iam doing something wrong or I am missing something here. There has to be a better way?????????????
Please offer any help as I am new to this and just trying to be like all you great metal cutters of art!
JT
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Help Needed

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

Without seeing the picture, my guess is it could be a non-ideal ordinary color photo with gradient colors.

The ideal image for tracing is pure black and white with razor sharp edges and no noise.

Ordinary color images can be impossible to trace in any software.

I think you can tell plasmacam to ignore certain background colors, that might help, but usually you also have to edit the image beforehand to enhance contrast around desired edges, and reduce all other potential edges and noise as much as possible.
minerscreek
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Help Needed

Post by minerscreek »

Thanks for your help. I tried to cut out a photo of elvis. It was B&W. oh well. I just got one of your CD'S. It keeps giving me things to cut out until I can learn how do do all this on my own. lol. hell, I'm still learning the table. I appreaciate all your help!
JT

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”