12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: MORE CRICKETS

Post by rdj357 »

Your time and energy are your own business but posting on a forum about the lack of posts on a forum seems counterproductive to accomplishing all the goals of 3d printing and lasering and plasma cutting and accessory development that you post about here. I probably wouldn't have even responded but I'm on vacation enjoying some coffee while perusing the forums and chatting with table owners so thought I'd go ahead.

I wish everyone I encounter nothing but success and happiness. Get out there and make some stuff - if you're too tired, take a nap and then get out there!
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

rdj357 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:27 am I wish everyone I encounter nothing but success and happiness. Get out there and make some stuff - if you're too tired, take a nap and then get out there!
:Like :Like :Like I don't care if you broke your spine...just get out there and make it happen! Consider it your new therapy. :HaHa
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

rdj357 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:27 am Your time and energy are your own business but posting on a forum about the lack of posts on a forum seems counterproductive to accomplishing all the goals of 3d printing and lasering and plasma cutting and accessory development that you post about here.
Yep. I have a lot of goals. Or maybe we should call them, "Ambitions." I have the machines, and the materials, and the knowledge, and the software. What I lack is the ability to allow the rapid decay of society to roll off of my back. Humanity at large continues to be a huge disappointment.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

rdj357 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:27 am Your time and energy are your own business but posting on a forum about the lack of posts on a forum seems counterproductive to accomplishing all the goals of 3d printing and lasering and plasma cutting and accessory development that you post about here. I probably wouldn't have even responded but I'm on vacation enjoying some coffee while perusing the forums and chatting with table owners so thought I'd go ahead.

I wish everyone I encounter nothing but success and happiness. Get out there and make some stuff - if you're too tired, take a nap and then get out there!
:Like :Like :Like
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

Joe Jones wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:30 pm Yep. I have a lot of goals. Or maybe we should call them, "Ambitions." I have the machines, and the materials, and the knowledge, and the software. What I lack is the ability to allow the rapid decay of society to roll off of my back. Humanity at large continues to be a huge disappointment.

Joe
If that's what's keeping you from achieving your goals or pursuing your ambitions then you are victim of the very system you despise and they have you right where they want you. They have won, you have lost.

It is my opinion that society has been engineered to keep you distracted, down in the dumps and thinking all hope is lost. It makes it easier for them to accomplish their goals. F*** them, fight back, be positive, beat the system, question everything, do nothing they demand or try to manipulate you into. Get done the things you want to do and have a positive attitude.

It is safe to say every member on this forum is more talented and resourceful than any of those in power, and they know it. Once a larger majority realizes this, they are F***ed. It's billions of people against a few hundred feeble scoundrels, should be easy but everyone needs to rise up. Rise up Joe, show those demons who's boss and encourage others to do the same. :Like :Like
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

ben de lappe wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:39 am
rdj357 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:27 am I wish everyone I encounter nothing but success and happiness. Get out there and make some stuff - if you're too tired, take a nap and then get out there!
:Like :Like :Like I don't care if you broke your spine...just get out there and make it happen! Consider it your new therapy. :HaHa
Yep - Humanity is separate from my own personal goals and ambitions. As Garrison Kellior said in his Lake Woebegon radio show years ago, "Life is what you make it. Make the best of it."

And so it is! :HaHa
back view1 000000.jpg
back view2.jpg
back view2.jpg (27.1 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

My uncle had the same surgery a coupe of years ago. I have his nearly identical X-rays too. Getting old is not for sissies!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:50 am My uncle had the same surgery a coupe of years ago. I have his nearly identical X-rays too. Getting old is not for sissies!

Joe
That is a fact! I fell about 12’ in late July 2019 and broke my back (50% compression fracture of L1). They fused 5 discs with those rods and screws and picked out the bits of bone that were impinging on my spinal cord. I was in a back brace for 7 months. Right after I got home from the hospital I noticed black streamers in my left eye, turned out to be a torn retina so it was repaired by laser surgery. After 7 months of back brace I was released fully back to work. 1 year almost to the day after the first retina surgery I had to have the same thing in my other eye.

I’m slowly being rebuilt. Lol
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I am glad you are still functional. Other people aren't so fortunate.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:06 pm I am glad you are still functional. Other people aren't so fortunate.
Joe
:Like :Sad
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

ben de lappe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:52 pm
Joe Jones wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:06 pm I am glad you are still functional. Other people aren't so fortunate.
Joe
:Like :Sad
Having lost a spouse to a sudden, unpredictable medical event I can absolutely and empathetically agree. I thank God every day for the ability to live, the ability to work. the ability to walk, the ability just to breathe another minute. I don't believe God is picking who makes it and who doesn't but I do believe we should use every opportunity of every day we have available in the pursuit of doing all the good we can, in all the ways we can, to all the people we can, in all the places we can, at all the times we can, with all the zeal we can, as long as we ever can.
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

rdj357 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:17 am
Having lost a spouse to a sudden, unpredictable medical event I can absolutely and empathetically agree. I thank God every day for the ability to live, the ability to work. the ability to walk, the ability just to breathe another minute. I don't believe God is picking who makes it and who doesn't but I do believe we should use every opportunity of every day we have available in the pursuit of doing all the good we can, in all the ways we can, to all the people we can, in all the places we can, at all the times we can, with all the zeal we can, as long as we ever can.
[/quote]

Absolutely my friend. I remember well, your spouse and your accident. My comment about the broken spine was a joke, probably no one got but you. :HaHa Also a testament to you picking yourself up, doing the hard work and making yourself function. All I can say is when one's son becomes paralyzed and eventually passes one must laugh in order to survive. Unfortunate side effect is a slightly warped sense of humor.

Positive attitude is everything. :Like
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

ben de lappe wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:20 am Positive attitude is everything. :Like
Amen!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

ben de lappe wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:20 am Positive attitude is everything.
Positive attitude is not everything. Positive attitude is only voltage. Voltage is nothing without amperage. I guess that's WATTS wrong with me! :lol:

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”