Converting to cut path - kerf width and exclude crossover settings

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
ironhorse
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Converting to cut path - kerf width and exclude crossover settings

Post by ironhorse »

Hi all, I have a plasnacam table. When converting to cut path the dimensions shrink a bit. Also any sharp points get all screwed up and need a bunch of editing. I know it is in settings, but I dont know what setting to change? Can anyone help?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Converting to cut path.

Post by adbuch »

ironhorse wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 pm Hi all, I have a plasnacam table. When converting to cut path the dimensions shrink a bit. Also any sharp points get all screwed up and need a bunch of editing. I know it is in settings, but I dont know what setting to change? Can anyone help?
You need to enter the correct kerf width to keep the parts the correct size. Also, under settings, offset/convert - check the box for "exclude crossovers" to get rid of the "sharp points". Post some screen shots of all of your settings pages along with the material and thickness you are cutting so we can see what you are actually doing. What kind of plasma cutter?
David
settings.jpg
I would also strongly recommend that you take a look at Robert Johnson's excellent youtube video on "settings explained" along with some of his other Plasmacam videos as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcm0DdDPfo
Learn Plasmacam Youtube.jpg
adbuch

Re: Converting to cut path - kerf width and exclude crossover settings

Post by adbuch »

ironhorse wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 pm Hi all, I have a plasnacam table. When converting to cut path the dimensions shrink a bit. Also any sharp points get all screwed up and need a bunch of editing. I know it is in settings, but I dont know what setting to change? Can anyone help?
Did you ever resolve your problem? Let us know how you are making out with your projects.
David

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”