Design Edge Settings for 4x4 and 5x10 tables

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
imberi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Design Edge Settings for 4x4 and 5x10 tables

Post by imberi »

So I have a fun situation. I have a customer that bought design edge and love it. They have a 4x4 table. They recently bought a used 5x10 table and wanted to use their design edge software for it. But no. You can only use it for the 4x4 table due to the way it is setup I assume in the configuration files. Design Edge does not allow you to just change the table size like the older plasma cam software did. So my customer called plasma cam and they said it was $2000 to get the software updated to allow them to use it on the 5x10.

So my question is has anyone ever dealt with this before? Has anyone been able to change the configuration files on design edge to allow a bigger table?

Thanks
Adam
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Design Edge Settings for 4x4 and 5x10 tables

Post by adbuch »

What controller and software did the 4 x 8 table come with?

If you were converting your Plasmacam 4x4 to a 4 x 8 and are running Plasmacam Design Edge software, then you would need to purchase the "Customizable Size" upgrade for $995. Each Design Edge license allow it to be used on a single Plasmacam table. So if the controller from the 4 x 4 table was physically installed onto the 4 x 8 table, then I suppose this could be considered an upgrade to the existing 4 x 4 table to a larger size, in which case the "Customizable Size" upgrade would need to be purchased.

If however, the newly acquired used 4 x 8 table is to be used as a separate stand-alone table with a separate controller - then the controller and/or software that came with the 4 x 8 would most likely need to be upgraded to the current Design Edge level.

David

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”