Invalid cut path help needed

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
metalquirks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Invalid cut path help needed

Post by metalquirks »

Hi! Our file won't save because it says there is an invalid cut path. It was totally fine and then we edited a corner of the design and now it gives that warning whenever we try to save. That corner of the design came up as an open line suddenly as well.
Any ideas? We've already tried smoothing, set it to delete overlapping segments, exploded and checked for extra lines, etc. Nothing works :-( Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We have a DHC machine (old software) but it doesn't usually give us much trouble.
Thanks!
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Invalid cut path help needed

Post by weldguy »

Best to attach the file here so we can look at it. Chances are if you zoom in close enough you will see the break in the line or a line on top of another line, something like that.
metalquirks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by metalquirks »

I wish I could. The problem with the file won't let me save it, though :-( So no dice on that. I'm looking for a line on top of another line probably though? We did find one lone pixel floating alone and hoped that was it, but it wasn't the problem apparently.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

You do not edit cut paths. If you are not happy with the design is it going to cut, you DELETE the cut paths, and edit the open and closed paths until the file is correct. Then you convert the adjusted file consisting of open and closed paths to cut paths.

Post the original file if you can, and tell us what change(s) you wanted to make. I can make the changes and check the file for errors, and then upload the corrected file.

Joe
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

On 3.11 or older, when you convert to cut path it replaces the open and closed paths so this is not likely an option for them. I still agree that you should not be editing cut paths and would recommend that with the older software, you save a copy of the design first and then convert it but be careful to never save over the top of your unconverted designs.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”