Routering

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
MauryJr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Routering

Post by MauryJr »

Hi, I need to ask a huge favor with my new plasmacam router attachment. M wife has lost her best friend and her daughter is getting married in two weeks and I have a piece of wood made but need to router letters into it so my wife can fill with epoxy for a gift.
I have advanced height control but not 3d. I need some step by step(either through text, email or online video) to figure out this wood routering. I have only done plasma. Help would be great. I called plasmacam and of course they sent me back to the spider.

Email-Maury.mitchell@timberpine.com

Phone-515-202-2002

Thank you,

Maury Mitchell
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Routering

Post by adbuch »

The Video Manual has great information on setting up and routing with your Plasmacam DHC2.
I have attached the chapter for the router attachment below. You will most likely need to become a contributing member ($20) in order to see the images and download the attached file. Otherwise - just check your Video Manual Chapter 9 - Optional Attachments.
David

Routing Attachment Instructions.pdf
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
routing 1.jpg
routing 2.jpg
routing 3.jpg
routing 4.jpg
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Routering

Post by Joe Jones »

MauryJr wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm Hi, I need to ask a huge favor with my new plasmacam router attachment. M wife has lost her best friend and her daughter is getting married in two weeks and I have a piece of wood made but need to router letters into it so my wife can fill with epoxy for a gift.
I have advanced height control but not 3d. I need some step by step (either through text, email or online video) to figure out this wood routering. I have only done plasma. Help would be great. I called plasmacam and of course they sent me back to the spider.

Maury Mitchell
Maury, I am adept at using a router on the PlasmaCam tables. Rather than you stressing out about the learning curve, tell me what you want to make. I will create the entire cut file for you and you can just load it and make the piece in time.

NOTE: Without the Full 3D Upgrade, there are some limitations.

If you have DesignEdge and you know how to set up a 2D file for plasma cutting, we can work together to get you going.

Where are you located? I often visit people who are within a reasonable driving distance of me, here in Franklin, KY. Ah, near Des Moines, IA.? 638 miles away. A long drive, but doable, however not in time for THIS project.

I also link PCs together over ZOOM and do free online training, so if your DesignEdge PC has a good Internet connection, I can connect with you and walk you through the process. But right now, it sounds like you need to produce a cut file for your (PlasmaCam DeWalt 660 Trim Router?) attachment. We can produce something nice.

Let me know what you want to do.

ANTI-SPAM ADVICE: It is NOT a good idea to post your email address or phone number on a public forum. The web crawlers can find the email address when it is in the standard format (name@site.com for example). They will add your name to spammer lists and your life will become a living Hell.

If you MUST post a phone number, do it in a different format, such as

Smart people will still be able to figure it out, but the automatic DATA crawlers will not pick it up.

Actually, since you have a business, simply pointing someone to the site will give them your contact info.

Joe

addmenow (at) mail (dot) com

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”