Need old plasma cam install disc

Post your questions or tips on Plasmacam software in this topic.
Plasmascam

Re: Need old plasma cam install disc

Post by Plasmascam » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. I definitely could, and would enjoy, sharing my feelings and stories here about a certain company, but I fear that will summon the shills and liars.

I'm looking for the software that came with our machine and has since been lost due to the death of the pc. At one point, we had two versions; 2.1 and 3.1, or whatever their respective numbers are. We never sold the machine, transferred ownership, etc. We just no longer have any software that will run the same machine bought 15+ years ago. As far as reason, common sense, honesty and good will goes, I feel that software should be made available by the seller to anyone possessing the SN of a table. It was included with the sale of the machine, necessary for the machine to function, and the company should be obligated by the aforementioned reasons to help.

Can anyone provide me with information to reacquire the latest version before DE? It seems that I remember using the middle mouse button in V3 and that's what I'm looking for. My father may have once purchased DE, but I understand that is a yearly license software and we're not interested in buying again. I remember that V3 had more right click and middle click features and would like to regain that functionality. We want to find the last version before they moved to a yearly license.

As an aside, is Fusion 360 capable of interfacing with and running a Plasmascam table?

rdj357
Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Plasmascam wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 am
Thanks for the replies, guys. I definitely could, and would enjoy, sharing my feelings and stories here about a certain company, but I fear that will summon the shills and liars.

I'm looking for the software that came with our machine and has since been lost due to the death of the pc. At one point, we had two versions; 2.1 and 3.1, or whatever their respective numbers are. We never sold the machine, transferred ownership, etc. We just no longer have any software that will run the same machine bought 15+ years ago. As far as reason, common sense, honesty and good will goes, I feel that software should be made available by the seller to anyone possessing the SN of a table. It was included with the sale of the machine, necessary for the machine to function, and the company should be obligated by the aforementioned reasons to help.

Can anyone provide me with information to reacquire the latest version before DE? It seems that I remember using the middle mouse button in V3 and that's what I'm looking for. My father may have once purchased DE, but I understand that is a yearly license software and we're not interested in buying again. I remember that V3 had more right click and middle click features and would like to regain that functionality. We want to find the last version before they moved to a yearly license.
The company (Plasmacam) has made it clear that any distribution of software except by the manufacturer (Plasmacam) is a violation of the software licensing agreement and they will pursue legal action against any such violations. I agree that they should provide this to registered table owners but they don't listen to me either.

The most recent version (pre DE) was 3.11 - If Design Edge was ever purchased then you own it, there is no yearly subscription/licensing. They still sell the upgrade to go from 3.11 or older to currend Design Edge.
Plasmascam wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 am
As an aside, is Fusion 360 capable of interfacing with and running a Plasmascam table?
I am not aware of any software available that will control the table directly.
Robert Johnson
----- PlasmaCam 5x10 Table -----
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC

Learn Plasmacam Website
Learn Plasmacam on Facebook
Learn Plasmacam on YouTube

SteelyDan06

Post by SteelyDan06 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm

I moved from a 30,000 square ft facility last year to downsize and start teaching Advanced Mfg at a high school tech center. My current shop is 5k sq ft so you can imagine how much equipment is packed away/stored and misplaced. In the move I misplaced all my software and my plasmacam has suddenly become disagreeable so I need to uninstall and reinstall the software. I’ve had it 14 years, and it’s been a solid little table once I learned it’s quirks and limitations. I probably sold 30 plus systems for these clowns over the years because I demonstrated the table for Agri teachers all over Arkansas, and showed them the basics, all for free. Most of those tables have been worn out or torn up and now they’re moving to Lincoln Torchmate systems that I use at school and really loathe. Anyway, I need a replacement disc if someone out there can point me to a source. Like most of you I haven’t had good experiences with the boys in Colorado, over the years I spoke to one singular individual there that was helpful and understood my frustration with their poor customer service and snarky attitudes. I’ve owned my shop for 35 years at times with 25 employees in the 90’s, and bought pieces of equipment that cost more than my house. I would never treat a customer the way they routinely treat theirs. The PC is just a toy but it’s fun and I’d like to keep using it if I can fix this problem. Thank you all so much, this looks like a great site and I’ll be using it frequently now that I’ve found it!

beefy

Post by beefy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:45 pm

SteelDan,

PM sent.
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

Ironken

Post by Ironken » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:48 pm

Wow! Helluva first post. Hopefully beefy can lend some help to you. Welcome! Lotsa helpful people here.
JD2 MAD 4X4
Millermatic 252 (spray)
Millermatic 190 (short circuit)
Syncrowave 210
Powermax 65
Powermax 45xp
Grizzly Vertical Mill (junk)
Baileigh BS-210M
50t Press
Shitloads of DeWalt

beefy

Post by beefy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:56 am

SteelyDan06 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm
I would never treat a customer the way they routinely treat theirs.
Ha ha, I came across this thread a couple of days ago:
https://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasmaca ... tware.html

and thought post #5 was funny where the posters first line was, "I've never seen a company that works so hard to put itself out of business. "
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

rdj357

Post by rdj357 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 am

beefy wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:56 am
and thought post #5 was funny where the posters first line was, "I've never seen a company that works so hard to put itself out of business. "
Haha yep, there's never a dull moment with Joe Jones. We agree on some and disagree on some but on this point, I agree with him. It's shocking to me some of the things they do when it would be so simple to be a little more amicable.
Robert Johnson
----- PlasmaCam 5x10 Table -----
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC

Learn Plasmacam Website
Learn Plasmacam on Facebook
Learn Plasmacam on YouTube

Fabricator 89

Post by Fabricator 89 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:06 am

Has anyone had luck finding the older software? My computer has crashed and Plasmacam will only help me if I purchase the $2k software upgrade. I am happy with the old software and have no need to upgrade. I have looked into swapping out the controller but that's not the preferred route. Any assistance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

DXF

Post by DXF » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Depending on the reason your computer crashed you can sometimes have all files on your hard drive recovered easily.

Dave Hanks

Return to “Plasmacam Software”

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm plasma cutters.