Double Toolpath Problem

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
Stick
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Double Toolpath Problem

Post by Stick »

The Torchmate cad keeps assigning a 2nd toolpath to the design. it will make 2 cut passes. I have been able to go in and delete 1 toolpath usually but I don't know what causes this. The settings show the single toolpath selected. Can anyone help? :o
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Double Toolpath Problem

Post by Gamelord »

Once you create your toolpath you need to delete the original drawing before exporting it out to the table for cutting. What you are getting is one pass for the actual drawing and the second pass cuts the toolpath. The table does not distinguish between drawing and toolpath, it just cuts whatever lines happens to be in the image it gets.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Stick
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Stick »

Wow! a lot to learn, Thanks!
kb3gun
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kb3gun »

To add to Gamelords answer. After you create the cut path, hit alt-j (this hides the cut path), select everything and delete. Hit alt-j again to bring back the cut path. Export to dxf.
-Smitty
Torchmate 4X4 Growth Series w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM45 w/ Machine Torch
Miller Syncrowave 210 TIG
AcmeAJ
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AcmeAJ »

I prefer to keep the original cut image so that when I need to make changes, I don't have to re-import the DXF or remake the image, yada, yada. I just view toolpath only and select all and then export the toolpath DXF and the only thing that gets exported is the actual toolpath. And I save the Torchmate CAD file in its native format.

Return to “Torchmate Software”