changing dimensions of dxf size

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
billphillips
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

changing dimensions of dxf size

Post by billphillips »

cut a number of dfx ,they were way to small and lost all of the detail causing major drop outs , how do I adjust the size of the dfx to a larget sand also is it possible to redo the g codes to cut the reverse of how they were generated ,also one I cut cut the outside cuts then when t went to do all the insides melted away and lost most of the deatail, any suggestions

having only the dfx files and not the original files, can a generate a duplicate file that I can resize , now that the gcode has been generated
ou812
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: changing dimensions of dxf size

Post by ou812 »

if you have a cad program you can scale a dxf
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

Bill,

Please help us help you. If we know what system you are cutting with, and then what type of Cad program you are using to design/cut with, then someone (likely not me) will be able to steer you in the right direction. My recommendation is to put this information in your signature so that it is in every post. Then we know better what type of steps to give you. I could suggest things if it involves AutoCadd, Design Edge, or plasmacam related issues, but not other programs. Thank fully there are people in this community with all sorts of systems willing to help out if they can.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
billphillips
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by billphillips »

Sorry , yes I use torchmate cad version 5, I will try putting in on there, I was not really thinking well yesterday and never even tried. just trying to do too many things at once.

thanks

bill in red deer
torchmate 4x4, torchmate cad ver.5
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

In torchmateCAD, you should be able to press CTRL+A to select all, then use the sizing tool to make it whatever size you need. YOu can also just drag one of the corners to size it up as well.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “Torchmate Software”