DXF importing issues

Post your questions or tips on Torchmates software in this topic.
gtojim

DXF importing issues

Post by gtojim » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 am

I notice that allot of the dxf files posted here are just the cut paths, and a bunch of them have un-connected nodes and require allot of fixing, I have a Torchmate 4400 and I use Torchmate Cad, am I importing them wrong? is there a better way? I like to modify and create my own "lead-ins" and cut paths.
===============================
Torchmate 4400 / Flexcut 80
https://www.facebook.com/Nuk-N-Futz-Met ... 571120852/

Larry83301
Elite Contributing Member

Re: DXF importing issues

Post by Larry83301 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 am

I open most of the files in MasterCam and only once in a while find that the file has cut paths. When I find cut paths I just delete them and the file is good to go. If you could post one or more of the files you have problems with perhaps someone could figure out what's wrong.

Larry

ETCWeld

Post by ETCWeld » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm

I actually have the same problem some times to. Lucky enough, most of the time someone else had problems with it and deeper in the post someone resubmits the file and it usually works. I use the torchmade CAD/CAM software and I just thought it was that.

galennelson7

Post by galennelson7 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 pm

you have to change the allowable error. when it imports it comes in at .000001, change it to .10 and it will connect the nodes. go to arrange>connect path. this i had the same issues and this has resolved them.

ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:48 pm

ETCWeld wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm
I actually have the same problem some times to. Lucky enough, most of the time someone else had problems with it and deeper in the post someone resubmits the file and it usually works. I use the torchmade CAD/CAM software and I just thought it was that.
Never doubt Torchmate cad. :o :shock: :? It's NEVER let me down. :lol:

DezertBlingMoto

Post by DezertBlingMoto » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Ive had those problems as well . The problem I have had as of here lately , it freezes the program when I try and import a dfx file. Theres a can-am file on the share group and that one I have never been able to import it cause it freezes the CAD program . Any suggestions Thank yo in advance .

Return to “Torchmate Software”

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm plasma cutters.