You Would NEVER Know It

General software related questions should be posted here.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

You Would NEVER Know It

Post by Joe Jones »

I look at the stats for PlasmaSpider. So many members. So many people "online?" Yet, the greatest majority of posts, replies and discussions seem to center around about ten people, or MAYBE a dozen people.

I have searched for another online forum where people with this common interest congregate. The only other "thing" out there is that infernal Facebook bastion of censorship.

THOUSANDS of people who work with DXF files, and vector files, and these machines. THOUSANDS of members here on PlasmaSpider. It seems the world is comprised mostly of LURKERS. Of course, we knew that from the lesson taught to us as children ...

"Who will help me turn the soil?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me plant the seeds?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me water the crops?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me harvest the wheat?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me grind the grain?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me knead the dough?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me bake the bread?" "Not I! Nor I!" replied the masses.
"Who will help me EAT the bread?" "I WILL! So will I!" replied the masses.

Joe
PLASMASPIDER STATS.jpg
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: You Would NEVER Know It

Post by acourtjester »

Good luck trying to change human nature, the state of the political situation these days has the ball rolling the wrong way. To many with their hand out and its not to give a hand up.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Yes ... without drifting into politics ... the current world situation has managed to drag me down into a frump I cannot seem to rise above. I am not caring much about anyone, or anything.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; taking this world as it is and not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to You. Smile it make the others wonder what you have been up to. :HaHa :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:41 pm God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; taking this world as it is and not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to You. Smile it make the others wonder what you have been up to. :HaHa :HaHa
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
martyy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by martyy »

Wise words!
Its too bad that we are fearful of what might come of political conversation, but that notion is just one of the problems caused by proverbial brainwashing that has gone on the last half century. The "if you are not for me, you are against me" mentality has got to stop. I really don't see it as political any longer as it has come to a more simple good vs evil conversation in my mind.

There are tons of reasons that many sit by and don't participate in forums. Many dont want to hear the same crap from the same armchair warriors, so they chose not to share (what a shame). I am new to this forum so no idea if there are many like that here. All forums seem to have a few. I am new to CNC plasma and still waiting on my table to arrive. Hope to be able to chime in when my knowledge allows, otherwise, I will be in absorb mode for awhile.

Just remember that anything worth doing isn't usually easy. It might look like we are heading the wrong way, but there is a lot more good than evil and when we get over this prolonged darkness, the light will shine.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

martyy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:44 am Wise words!
Its too bad that we are fearful of what might come of political conversation, but that notion is just one of the problems caused by proverbial brainwashing that has gone on the last half century. The "if you are not for me, you are against me" mentality has got to stop. I really don't see it as political any longer as it has come to a more simple good vs evil conversation in my mind.

There are tons of reasons that many sit by and don't participate in forums. Many dont want to hear the same crap from the same armchair warriors, so they chose not to share (what a shame). I am new to this forum so no idea if there are many like that here. All forums seem to have a few. I am new to CNC plasma and still waiting on my table to arrive. Hope to be able to chime in when my knowledge allows, otherwise, I will be in absorb mode for awhile.

Just remember that anything worth doing isn't usually easy. It might look like we are heading the wrong way, but there is a lot more good than evil and when we get over this prolonged darkness, the light will shine.
:Like :Yay :Like
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

martyy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:44 am Wise words!
Its too bad that we are fearful of what might come of political conversation,
POLY TICKS are VERBOTTEN, here!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Joe Jones wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:14 pm
POLY TICKS are VERBOTTEN, here!

Joe
GOOD, I can get that anywhere. Don't wanna be yelped at by Karen's here too. :Like :Like

Return to “General Discussion”