MATH TEST

General software related questions should be posted here.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

MATH TEST

Post by Joe Jones »

MATH TEST:

If EACH glide rail comes with TWO bearing blocks, and each SET OF TWO glide rails with FOUR bearing blocks is sold for $94.99 as advertised, and you order A QUANTITY OF TWO, and YOU PAY $189.98 for your order, how many glide rails and how many bearing blocks should arrive at your door?

A - FOUR GLIDE RAILS and EIGHT BEARING BLOCKS

B - TWO GLIDE RAILS AND FOUR BEARING BLOCKS

If you guessed "B" then you must work at VEVOR!

Now GUESS how many glide rails and bearing blocks arrived at my door TODAY, only to be told by Customer Service ... "Your order has been fulfilled."

If you guessed "B" again, then you scored 100 on this test!

Joe
ORDER CONFIRMATION.jpg
SET ADVERTISED.jpg
PKG CONTENTS.jpg
TWO GLIDE RAILS PER SET.jpg
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Re: MATH TEST

Post by Joe Jones »

I contacted "Customer Service" and told them that they only shipped HALF of my order.

She responded with the tracking numbers of TWO packages, and said, "Your order has been fulfilled." Each long thin cardboard box contained only ONE rail and TWO blocks.

The STUPID in this country is going to drive me over the edge :-x

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

The scary part is...THEY'RE STILL BREEDING!!

Allen
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I don't see America lasting much longer. This video lays it out in plain English.

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Here in Australia, I believe if something is accidentally advertised at a certain price, the seller MUST sell it at that price. Something to do with false or misleading advertising.

I heard a story where in a department store, one of the sales staff accidentally put the wrong price tag on a TV, something like $500 vs $1500. The customer told the sales person he'll take one of those, but then was told that's not the correct price tag. I know this customer and he's a thieving con man, and thus was thick skinned enough to tell the store they must sell it at the advertised price. He got that price.

Is there any consumer support department you can contact to ask about this. The company may be forced to sell you what they advertised.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

beefy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:53 pm
Is there any consumer support department you can contact to ask about this. The company may be forced to sell you what they advertised.
The company is based in COMMIEfornia. :HaHa Even the Lefty lunatics frown on Internet fraud.

I will give them a couple of days to respond, and then I will turn it over to the District Attorney in San Bernadino County, CA.

VEVOR is a HUGE company. So I have to believe that some muddle head in the shipping department was not taught how to READ the shipping invoice. He (or she?) read "Quantity ordered: (2)" so one was put into each box and shipped. THEN the "customer Service" lady assure me that there was no mistake, because TWO TRACKING NUMBERS were used to ship them. :Sad

No one bothered to notice that they are sold in SETS OF TWO.

If I managed that warehouse, you can bet that when they came in, they would immediately be zip tied or duct taped together in sets of TWO, just like the website says! But that takes a BRAIN, and as we all know, those are in short supply these days.

I weep for America.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

beefy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:53 pm Here in Australia, I believe if something is accidentally advertised at a certain price, the seller MUST sell it at that price. Something to do with false or misleading advertising.
The old BAIT AND SWITCH! :HaHa

I bought my truck in COMMIEfornia back in 2019. I was shopping for an F150 4WD. They were all so 'Spensive, Lucy!

At one dealership, they had the usual line of white, black, red and metallic shades of gray new trucks all parked in a long row. There was ONE truck among them that was absolutely beautiful, in lightning blue!

My friend was with me. We walked over to it. It was in PERFECT condition. not a single sign that it was a used truck. The price on the windshield was $39,990.00 All of the others were in the $50K range.

So the friendly salesman wanders over ...

"Why is THIS truck less than the others?" I asked.

He told me that it is a Ford Certified USED Truck, with only 12,000 miles on it. There wasn't a ding in the paint, or a chip in the windshield, or a single mark on the interior. I took it for a test drive and it was perfect. I really could not tell that it was used!

So the salesman begins to write up the $40,000.00 sale, and my friend ... my GOOD FRIEND who is a Business Major finds a white piece of cardboard turned upside down on the dash. It reads, "4th of July Special, $31,999.00!!"

The salesman said, "Oh, that price is no longer valid. It was a special price for the 4th ..."

My friend said, "So ... It didn't sell, so you marked it UP $8,000.00 ?!? We'll take the truck for THIS PRICE!

The salesman told me it was no longer valid. Jim reminded him about the COMMIEfornia law that states, any POSTED PRICE IS the price!

I drove that magnificent truck off of the lot for $31,999.00 + the usual tax, etc. I DID toss the salesman a bone by purchasing the "bells and whistles" bumper to bumper powertrain warranty, and also the additional "Gizmos and Gadgets" warranty, so they cost a bit more. However, three recent repairs and the slew of free oil changes have covered the entire cost of those plans! The truck is sill covered for another 30,000 miles.

My step-dad always said, "It is better to be LUCKY, than smart!"

Joe
NEW TRUCK 1.jpg
NEW TRUCK 2.jpg
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

SUCCESS???

I don't want to jinx myself, but it SEEMS that they finally understand the problem.

Now watch ... as they send me TWO SETS of rails, when they only owed me ONE SET :HaHa

Yes, I would PAY for the additional set. I don't want anything for free.

Joe

support_us
To: Joe Jones

Mon, Mar 7 at 9:03 PM
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us! We are pleased to serve you.

We have notified the warehouse to re-deliver it (the other set) for you, and the new package will be sent within two working days.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards
Marta from VEVOR

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

The other two rails and four bearing blocks FINALLY arrived today.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Awesome, glad they came good on that for you :Like
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Yep. Now I have to get out to the shop to mount them onto the aluminum ladder I am using as my frame, and then build the crane arm for the cutter. Baby steps ...

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “General Discussion”