USA METAL PRICES SPREADSHEET

General software related questions should be posted here.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

USA METAL PRICES SPREADSHEET

Post by Joe Jones »

I am attempting to create a spreadsheet in GOOGLE SHEETS that will allow us to keep up on current prices for the various metal products we purchase. It lets you submit the price you paid, the description of the material, the location of the purchase and the date of the purchase.

The link below is NOT editable by others, as it would be impossible to keep up with the errors. So I created this sheet and an E-mail address where you can send your DATA to be added to the spreadsheet.

When you buy sheet metal, or steel plate, or even extrusion, etc., send the details to the E-mail address and I will add it to the DATA.

I WILL NOT add your name or any personal DATA. This is just a reference to the most recent purchase by those who submit the numbers, so we can keep an eye on things!

Joe

Submit DATA:

PRODUCT: Hot roll, P&O, Cold Roll, Stainless, etc. I will add galvanized and corrugated, and expanded metals, etc. as DATA is submitted with numbers.

Vendor

DATE of purchase

City and State

Sheet Size (or Material Description)

Quantity purchased

I will put everything into the spreadsheet so people can watch prices and look for deals.

Spreadsheet Link to VIEW

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

E-Mail address to submit DATA

metalprice (at) mail (dot) com

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: USA METAL PRICES SPREADSHEET

Post by AREA »

Great idea Joe. I have no plans to purchase any material anytime soon so I will not be able to participate but hopefully many reply with costs in their area.
Joe Jones

Re: USA METAL PRICES SPREADSHEET

Post by Joe Jones »

I figure, over time it would be populated with DATA that will give people a good idea of what they should be paying for steel. I can add DATA as the sheet grows, and delete old data (6. months old?) to keep it fresh

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “General Discussion”