changing computers

General software related questions should be posted here.
jjweldfab5238
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

changing computers

Post by jjweldfab5238 »

hello all,
I've got the worst of this issue solved but i am having trouble trying to get my plasmacam 3.11 program to recognize I've installed the proper parallel port to connect computer to table, ive installed the Axxon PCI Express (PCIe) EPP 1.9/ECP Parallel Port Adapter.
how does one tell the computer where the new connection is installed and what settings i should be inputting on the system set up menu? if that makes any sense.
any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: changing computers

Post by tcaudle »

It will depend on how PCam calls the port. If it uses the NAME (LPT1) you just have to setup windows so that LPT1 is looking at the Hex address of you parallel port . If have use the hex address then I have no idea . In MACH you open the PORTS in the Config and typoe in the hex adress for port 1 . Motherboard address is 0378 hex . Plug in cards will varay and will need device drivers for Windows . You open Windows device manager and find the ports and the primary address for that device . If youcan open the Device manager and the Ports and see LPt1 it will let you open the settings and see the hex address ....good luck
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

jjweldfab5238 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:59 am hello all,
I've got the worst of this issue solved but i am having trouble trying to get my plasmacam 3.11 program to recognize I've installed the proper parallel port to connect computer to table, ive installed the Axxon PCI Express (PCIe) EPP 1.9/ECP Parallel Port Adapter.
how does one tell the computer where the new connection is installed and what settings i should be inputting on the system set up menu? if that makes any sense.
any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you
Be sure to install the device drivers from the supplied Axxon CD first.
Then in 3.11 under Settings, System Setup there should be a box you can check for "Automatically configure port". Then in the same System Setup tab, click the box for "Detect Machine".
David
jjweldfab5238
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjweldfab5238 »

i was finally able to get my DHC plasma cam table up and running thanks to you guys! much appreciated!!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

jjweldfab5238 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:22 pm i was finally able to get my DHC plasma cam table up and running thanks to you guys! much appreciated!!
Happy to hear you've got it going! Please share the steps you took and settings you changed to get it working, as this may be valuable information for future readers here.
Thanks,
David
jjweldfab5238
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjweldfab5238 »

it was quite a difficult process for me to find all the information i needed, turns out its not all that difficult.
once you have your port and drivers installed, and program installed such as plasma cam 3.11 in my case, you must simply identify the base address(hexidecimal) of the new port in the system set up menu(in my case it ended up being dff8). lastly you must auto detect machine and you are good to go. hope this makes sense as im fairly new to this.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Thanks for the update. I know some folks have had to do that, but I have always had good luck just hitting "detect machine".
David

Return to “General Discussion”