So many manufacturer's out there I'm leery.

General software related questions should be posted here.
topkote
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

So many manufacturer's out there I'm leery.

Post by topkote »

I've been looking at purchasing a CNC table for some time and the longer I wait the more manufacturer's I see popping up. To those who've been around for a while what companies seem to be solid and will be around in a year or so. A while ago I was leaning towards a couple only to see that they have gone out of business. I plan on spending $10 to $20K.

You thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: So many manufacturer's out there I'm leery.

Post by djreiswig »

I don't think Star-Lab is going anywhere. They were solid 6 years ago when I bought mine, and I think things are only getting better (if that's possible). And CanCNC also has a solid track record of quality controls & support.
PlasmaCam has a long history, but it seems like they have some questionable tactics.
There are several companies that advertise on the forum that should be pretty ethical. Just browse around and you should get a feel for issues people have and how the manufacturer handles them.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

Dynatorch went out business but the silver lining is Russell is manufacturing tables. https://cncshopandservice.com/
Russell was with Dyntaorch for many many years and is a great source for trouble shooting issues.
These guys are great with their customer service.
I copied and pasted his History from the website.
CNC Shop And Service, LLC is owned and operated by Russell Johnson in north eastern Alabama. Russell was the technical support manager at Dynatorch, INC., a former manufacturer of highly innovative and modern CNC plasma cutting equipment for both air plasma and high definition plasma cutting systems. After Dynatorch closed on March 2020, Russell opened CNC Shop to continue manufacturing the Super-B+ plasma cutting system and provide technical support for 7,930 Dynatorch customers. CNC Shop also provides technical support for any brand of plasma cutting system
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

I have been pleased with my LDR table and support. 7 years now and I can call or email and get an answer withing a short period of time.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I would most definitely recommend the Plasmacam tables - available in 2x2, 4x4, and 5x10. The Plasmacam Design Edge software is second to none for an all-in-one cad/cam/control program. One program does it all - design, create cut paths, and control the table. I own and use two of the Plasmacam DHC2 table plus their rotary setup and have been using them for almost 4 years now with no problems what so ever. Plasmacam has been in business for probably over 20 years - so you know they're not going anywhere.
David

https://www.plasmacam.com/archive/plcam.htm

Return to “General Discussion”