FastCAM FastPATH

General software related questions should be posted here.
KPB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

FastCAM FastPATH

Post by KPB »

Does anyone know how to use fastCAM?

I am fairly new to the CNC scene and am using FastCAM 7 to generate my gcode for my cnc plasma. I am trying to generate the cutting path using FastPATH but cannot seem to be able to get the cut path to enter/exit on the inside of the cut.

The design is a simple metal screen with various cutouts. I need to cut on the inside but the path setup is not working for me. I get errors saying 'No outside process set' and 'CUTTING used for outside cutting'. The path is then generated with the drawing showing entry/exits on the outside rather then the inside and the cutouts seem to be a larger size than the original, I guess because the cut is around the outside rather than the inside.

Can I get some pointers where I am going wrong.

KPB
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: FastCAM FastPATH

Post by plasmanewbie »

I am not at all familiar with what your working with but a thought did come to mind.

See image below, there are 2 "donuts", 2 paths in each, a circle in a circle. The difference is that the donut on the right isn't just a circle inside another circle, the center has actually been cut out so the software can see that this is an inside cut and the lead in can be added to the appropriate side of the profile.

I am sure there is some technical name for this but I don't know. Does this make sense to you? Maybe it will help.
Donuts.png

Return to “General Discussion”