Flashcut Questions

General software related questions should be posted here.
MaksFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Flashcut Questions

Post by MaksFab »

Hello,

I'm looking for some possible answers that have remained unanswered so far and I've tried asking multiple times with Flashcut and my supplier with no answers, or just don't get back to me. Anyways, my questions to start are these:
  • When importing a picture or silhouette, why does it only convert to lines and not arc's? This would greatly prevent loading times and nodes in the drawing. I've had it happen a few times the the program times out and just shuts down. There's even a section to the right that has a part that says "line count" and "arc count" but the arc count is ALWAYS 0. Why even have an arc count if it doesn't even convert an image to arc's.

When using the "weld" feature, does it only weld to one linear feature? I'm trying to create signs or monograms that have lines on both the top and bottom of text and when using the weld feature, it cuts the text completely or just doesn't work. Just trying to figure out the weld feature and the best means of creating signs and monograms without having to trim individual lines along the text.
Many Thanks,

Travis Maksimovic
JakeDoesCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Flashcut Questions

Post by JakeDoesCNC »

I have a checkbox for Use Arc Fitting at the bottom of my import settings. When it's turned on, the silhouette import comes in with arcs.

It took me a while to get used to welding complex shapes. I use the more advanced boolean welding 9 times out of 10 since it allows me to define part A vs part B. The trick is to make sure that the entire part is selected including any cutouts. Holding the ALT key lets you do a chain selection and holding CTRL will add or subtract from what's currently selected.

Hope this helps.

— Jake

Return to “General Discussion”