Enroute exporting .TAP?

General software related questions should be posted here.
AZ_guy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Enroute exporting .TAP?

Post by AZ_guy »

I recently got a new Shop Sabre table. On my last table I was using sheetcam and Mach 3 for software. For mach 3 I was using .TAP files for the Gcode after post processing through Sheetcam. On this new table it came with Enroute Fabrication and WinCNC. So far im really liking some of the features that Enroute has but i dont see where i go to do post processing like i did with sheetcam, is that something I still do or is it called something different. There is an export function but its all different file types and dont see .TAP, plus im not sure if its actually generating the Gcode for WinCNC (that is if I still need Gcode in the same format).

Does anyone know if i still need .TAP files for WinCNC or does it use a different file type. If it does use .TAP how do I export in that format from Enroute? Does Enroute still post process like sheetcam did or does it call it something else? Thanks for the help guys.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Enroute exporting .TAP?

Post by acourtjester »

This is from their web page ( All major CAM packages can produce G-Code files ready to run on WinCNC Controller. )
It looks like Enroute replaces SheetCam again from their web site
EnRoute is a CNC CAD/CAM software that provides 2D and 3D design and toolpath capabilities for CNC routers, lasers, plasma and waterjet cutters. It is the go-to CNC software for everyday cutting, nested-based production and creative design applications including cabinet and furniture creations and designs.
Now they may use a different file format then .tap I have seen others use a .NC which is just like .tap
When you save a file they normally ask for a folder location, save a file then look in that folder to see the extension they use. You may be able to still use SheetCam and load the .tap into WinCNC for cutting
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
AZ_guy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

SOLVED - Enroute exporting .TAP?

Post by AZ_guy »

I posted this questions up on a facebook CNC group too and someone posted the answer, Ill re post it for anyone else with this issue.

In the "machining" tab there is an options to "output", I just need to click that and I can output .TAP files.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Thanks for the reply, we seem to learn more when we find a solution, having a question answered does help but that sometimes does not show the whole picture. Congrates
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
AZ_guy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by AZ_guy »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:09 am Thanks for the reply, we seem to learn more when we find a solution, having a question answered does help but that sometimes does not show the whole picture. Congrates
I agree, thanks for the help trying to work it out.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Happy to help
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill