Web based software...

General software related questions should be posted here.
teachag
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Web based software...

Post by teachag »

I teach agriculture mechanics. I was just informed that IT will no longer be servicing my PC laptop cart and will be replacing it with chrome books. Is anyone familiar with apps that work on chrome books that can be used for drawing 2D parts and for basic plasma art? We are also getting a laser table next year so we will need to look at software for that as well. The IT guy says he knows of an app that we can draw the 2D parts in but not one that will vectorize images and do the artsy fartsy stuff. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Web based software...

Post by Rodw »

Tell your IT guy he'll have to get you a subscription to onshape CAD which is cloud based. It is very good and I have a friend who migrated from solidworks to it and he does amazing cad work.The Chromebook I'm writing this on is my favourite device of the 4 that I use every day (not counting my phone). Working in the cloud is the way to go its just my photo editing and CAD that forces me to use a PC. I run my business that way and can work from anywhere. Its just CAD and photo editing that I can't do in the cloud.

Return to “General Discussion”