Solid edge 2d software

General software related questions should be posted here.
Faceman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Solid edge 2d software

Post by Faceman »

Hay guys dose any know what the cost for Solid edge 2d software is for this produce it says a free download but there has to be a cost somewhere in there. It seems to be something that will work to design parts with.
thanks
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Solid edge 2d software

Post by beefy »

It is free.

I think they give this for free in an attempt to tantalise users into buying their 3d solid modelling software.

However, tutorials and forum activity are not that great. I wrote to Siemens a few years ago and told them that they give their 2D software out but don't really show people how to use it, and maybe they could make a few videos, etc. I said they may "convert" people if they show them how it's used. Much to my surprise they actually wrote back and said they completely agree and they need to address this.

Nothing happened LOL.

There's a Youtube channel by "Solidmastermind". He puts a few of his videos there as an appetiser. If you want the full set for the 2D modelling part, you have to RENT them. He doesn't sell them, you pay by the month and rent them.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
steel 35
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Solid edge 2d software

Post by steel 35 »

Arclight Plasma; Had some good tutorials on their web site last time I looked.
And yes there is a free one.
PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!
EasyScriber

Return to “General Discussion”