En Route software opinions?

General software related questions should be posted here.
FYPCustomMetalDesign
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

En Route software opinions?

Post by FYPCustomMetalDesign »

I have been using En Route for my designing and it seems to have many glitches that even the technical support folks have trouble navigating. Can anyone recommend a more user friendly and reliable software? Thank you!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: En Route software opinions?

Post by tcaudle »

Are you using it as a CAD/CAM (using the CAM to generate your G-Code for cutting) ? For Plasma? You might be better served with a separate drawing/design application and a CAM program optimized for the type cutting you do and the hardware you have.
Boatman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Boatman »

i use enroute fab almost daily with no problems , what problems are u having ?
FYPCustomMetalDesign
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by FYPCustomMetalDesign »

I have no doubt my lack of thorough knowledge of the program has to do with some issues. I've been using it for about six months now and its for a side business, so I don't use it daily(but I'd like that to change). Problems: Merging a selection creates loops, how does that randomly happen, maybe 5-10% of the time. If you highlight and merge a selection, say 4"x6" in the middle of a 60"x120" plate, it and creates "highlight box" that goes from the 0, 0 point to the far side of the original selection and there is nothing else in that highlight, you can't just highlight the 4x6 part anymore it has to been the entire 72x54(or whatever) size highlight area that it randomly created. How about highlighting a selection to toolpath and randomly some lines that were previously red or blue are now black? They were part of the drawing the entire time working on the item until being ready to toolpath. What's up with that? Like I said, I'm sure plenty of my problems are my problems but tech support typically has no idea of what's wrong. They usually do help figure it out but rarely can they tell me what was wrong, even after fixing it.
JohnnyC
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by JohnnyC »

Dont understand what your describing.
garymetalwood
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by garymetalwood »

Boatman wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 pm i use enroute fab almost daily with no problems , what problems are u having ?
Would anyone know how to change li/lo sizes on SOME geometry only, that is already programmed to a specific size ?
ie multi-able sizes per program ?

and i cannot figure out how to program a single straight line
bubba131
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bubba131 »

Have you figured this out, I have some of the same issues

Return to “General Discussion”