New Guy

General software related questions should be posted here.
Jaybe2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New Guy

Post by Jaybe2 »

Hi my name is Jason and I'm in NH. First let me say I am very new to the cnc plasma world and cnc in general. we just got a Northern Plasma table and a Hypertherm 105 and we are just starting to learn our way around it and the programs that go with it. My question is do all the down loads on this site require adobe or is there something better. I have cutting shop but the down loads seem to want to go to adobe and I don't have a currant version of that. any help would be much appreciated. thank you
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Guy

Post by acourtjester »

I think you have to reset your open with setting, When you install a new software it will search your disc and find all the files that the new software wants to control. If you look at many files you will see an icon for that software attached to them, I think this is what has happened with Adobe. Do a search for a DXF file and right click on it (the open command) the look down to see the "open with" and click on it. This iwll open a side menu with the types of software that will open those files. Click on the "choose default program" and this will open a new menu with all the software that can be used to open those files, change to the software you want to use. This will reassign those files to that software now when you download a file from here and open it you will see it in that software.
open with.jpg
open with.jpg (48.93 KiB) Viewed 745 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ovrrdrive
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ovrrdrive »

What ACJ posted above will work for you. Or you can download one of the free CAD programs and install it and it will probably change it for you. Try QCAD or Draftsight.
Jaybe2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Jaybe2 »

Thank you very much that worked.

Return to “General Discussion”