Mach 3 problem

General software related questions should be posted here.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Mach 3 problem

Post by OTHill »

Can anybody please help.Mach 3 has piled up on me.On the main run screen the DTCH light is on all the time. On the diagnostics-input status box the torch down light ,the arc ok light and the Y home light all stay lit even when if I remove all cables going to the controller.The motors all move with the arrow keys and the DRO,s all work like they are supposed to.I have tried 2 or 3 other forums and don't get any response.Thanks.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach 3 problem

Post by sphurley »

Sound like your XML Mach file is corrupt. Any change you made a backup?
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
East German
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by East German »

Hallo

load an older xml File from the Folder xmlbackups in the Mach3 directory.
maybe it helps!!

Regards Peter
Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Another thing is in Mach 3 look at is the ports and pins for the input signals you can turn them off by putting a 0 in the port column. This will tell you if you have a wiring short in you controller. Mach needs to be told what to do. find the signal inputs for those signal and put a 0 in the port and click ok back to the diagnostic screen it should go out.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

OTHill wrote:Can anybody please help.Mach 3 has piled up on me.On the main run screen the DTCH light is on all the time. On the diagnostics-input status box the torch down light ,the arc ok light and the Y home light all stay lit even when if I remove all cables going to the controller.The motors all move with the arrow keys and the DRO,s all work like they are supposed to.I have tried 2 or 3 other forums and don't get any response.Thanks.

A lot of this depends on which model of electronics....parallel port or Ethernet? The inputs are handled differently The DTHC online light is supposed to be on all of the time. If the DTHC ON led above the button is on all of the time and you can't turn it off I tend to agree the profile may be corrupt. Inputs on a parallel port model are muxed (shared) In diagnostics look at the Raw Port input Bits in the top row, 4 thru 8 from the left. They should all be on steady. EXCEPT #7 (e-stop) LED on means the line is NOT active. Off or flashing means its active. With things unplugged nothing should be active.

Did you try the CandCNC Support Forum?
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

A belated thanks to all. Yes I've gone to candcnc forum by now and am getting some help. I have a computer expert friend working with me now which is the greatest help of all. For one thing the parallel port on my computer was bad among a few other problems. Thanks again all. The parallel port in my brain is also faulty at times. :D :D
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut

Return to “General Discussion”