Tips/tricks for spotting node issues w/ Coreldraw 7 or Sheetcam?

General software related questions should be posted here.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Tips/tricks for spotting node issues w/ Coreldraw 7 or Sheetcam?

Post by motoguy »

Just created a drawing from a trace. It's a willow tree, with about eleventy bazillion nodes (1200 or so). Importing into Sheetcam keeps giving me a "may be a problem with the drawing" red warning. Typically, I've found these to be lines that aren't closed, paths too close together for the kerf, an untrimmed line somewhere, or areas where a line has "looped back" on itself.

The "too narrow for kerf" issues are pretty easy to find. I look in sheetcam for areas of disconnected tool paths. I check for "lines not closed" in Coreldraw, using the node editing tool. As long as there's only 1 "triangle" node marker on the perimeter of the drawing, the drawing is closed. If there is more than one triange, I merge them together. So, still not too bad.

This "line looped back onitself" thing, and untrimmed lines...though...these are kicking my arse. Big ones are obvious, but trying to search for tiny little blemishes are taking FOREVER. For the "short untrimmed lines", I'm looking for "stacked" node boxes in Corel. If I see a couple stacked, I zoom in on the area to trim up. I just haven't found a trick for the "looped lines", though.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The file in question. Right now I'm dealing with just the perimeter layer. Once I have it clean, I'll check the inside holes.
Willow tree 24.svg
(38.2 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “General Discussion”