eps to dxf

General software related questions should be posted here.
broken axle
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

eps to dxf

Post by broken axle »

Anyone know of a good way to get a .EPS file into .DXF format?

Thanks!
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: eps to dxf

Post by ben de lappe »

I use Torchmate CAD. It will import .eps files and convert them to .dx's. If I can help I'll be glad to, just can't handle tons of them at this time.
tcaudle

Re: eps to dxf

Post by tcaudle »

broken axle wrote:Anyone know of a good way to get a .EPS file into .DXF format?

Thanks!
Free solution: Inkscape (eps import. You are better off exporting in SVG if you use SheetCAM (direct import)
Paid solution: CorelDraw X3 or later. Same advice for SVG to SheetCAM

There are probably some others on both categories. EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) is a long time standard in the graphics world and very close to AI since both are invented by Adobe. Even PDF is in the same basic family. SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) is a more recent format but is slowly becoming an standard for imports since its open source, well documented and requires no payment to any entity.

Libra Draw (free) is a "lite" CAD drawing program that will import a lot of different formats of vector and bitmap formats BUT EPS is not in the the list but instructions on importing says it brings in EPS but the screen display needs an enbedded bitmap so you probably cannot edit the file with the tools.

Return to “General Discussion”