g code run time simulator

General software related questions should be posted here.
Marty
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

g code run time simulator

Post by Marty »

anyone using a g code run time simulator to help estimate cutting time of a cut file?
I have seen a couple on the WWW like CNCSimulator Pro and NCPlot but hoping to not spend as much as it appears they want but still considering them
I run SheetCAM which has a simulator but so far cannot see a way to identify theactual real time it takes to cut a dxf file assuming input of the cut speed in IPM
thanks
Marty
Ignition Metal Art Design

Give a man a fish and you have taught him where to come for a fish; Teach him to use Google and the Search Engine on Plasma Spider and he will be able to learn more than you could ever teach him yourself
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: g code run time simulator

Post by SeanP »

In the simulator below x,y & z positions is the seconds time, you can speed it up in the setup to fly round the job, must admit it does vary in time at different feed override settings not sure why.
Or there is the job report which gives a job time.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
Marty
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: g code run time simulator

Post by Marty »

Thanks I remember now the job report having that info I will run a test to see how close it is to real time Does not have to be super exact thanks for the reminder
Marty
Ignition Metal Art Design

Give a man a fish and you have taught him where to come for a fish; Teach him to use Google and the Search Engine on Plasma Spider and he will be able to learn more than you could ever teach him yourself

Return to “General Discussion”