Candcnc DTHC seems to have stopped turning on

General software related questions should be posted here.
Thor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Candcnc DTHC seems to have stopped turning on

Post by Thor »

Been cutting some heavy plate last couple days, bout halfway through the 2nd plate, same program as first, the DTHC seems to have quit turning on and off by program. I restarted the whole machine, and it still wont turn on in auto mode, and if I turn it on it wont turn off. the program is set to turn it off .5" before end of cut and like a 3 sec delay in turning it on. It was working perfect on first sheet (5/8"x 4'x10' AR400) , as well as all the thinner stuff I had been doing in the days prior.

What should I be looking at? Maybe the XML went bad and I should overwrite with my backup copy?? I need to cut some 3/8" tomorrow, and will see if it is still acting up after being powered off all night and report back.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Candcnc DTHC seems to have stopped turning on

Post by BTA Plasma »

Look at your hub if it has 2 green and 2 red it is sending and receiving. If your only getting one red light the USB cable most likely was a victim of noise. Is your table grounded? How well is it grounded? Did you run the same power to the PC and electronics?
Thor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thor »

Table is grounded well, PC and Mp3500 plug into wall socket. I'll be sure and check the hub. When it wouldn't turn on in auto mode, if I turned it on by clicking on it the dthc worked just fine, just wouldn't turn on and off by program code. Should know more by days end.
Thor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thor »

Found the problem, somehow the min length for dthc got changed to 100" so it wasnt turning it on, not sure why it wouldnt turn it off at end of cut though when it read the S10

Return to “General Discussion”