simple 2D drafting software

General software related questions should be posted here.
dswan75
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

simple 2D drafting software

Post by dswan75 »

Hello all, I am sure this likely has been posted to death, but I am looking for a simple 2D drawing software. I started doing some projects just as a hobby and I cut them at work. I actually started drawing with software provided by http://www.emachineshop.com and exported to .DXF. The software worked great but over time they have made updates to it and it is no longer stable. But hey, its a free download that they want you to order your drawings cut from them... so that is fine.

BUT... i like how their software worked, it was very simple to use and it is all that I need at this time. I am willing to buy software as long as it is generally simple to use and will export or save to .DXF.

I have downloaded a few trial versions from different companys but havent found much as of yet. A bit too complicated for what I need right now.

If anyone knows of a good simple program please let me know! I have 6 different projects that I just cant get done and they want them for christmas... it is not going to happen with the software i am currently using...

thanks in advance
Loyd
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: simple 2D drafting software

Post by Loyd »

I have had several 2d and 3d cad programs over the years. From AutoCad, DesignCad, keycad and who knows what else.
DeltaCad is the cheapest, simplest and easy to learn 2d system I have ever used. I used it as a plant manager to build a
state of the art powder coating system from scratch, as a plant manager of hunting treestands I designed welding and
fabrication fixtures with it. As a maintenance engineer at a pallet factory and utility trailer manufacturing facility and I
use it in both my businesses at present. It has every thing needed and it imports dxf into my plasmacam software without
a hitch. You can learn it in less than an hour. Best part? ....40 bucks.
http://www.deltacad.com/

Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
TammyVB
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: simple 2D drafting software

Post by TammyVB »

FYI - I saw the deltacad software at Office Depot or Staples - so you wouldn't even have to order it online, you could just go to the store and buy it if you need it immediately.

Return to “General Discussion”