Lead-ins in AutoCAD

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Misguided Creator
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Lead-ins in AutoCAD

Post by Misguided Creator »

Hello, I'm having trouble getting my lead-ins to work, in my drawings. My CNC doesn't seem to want to start the cut with them everytime. I've noticed there's an option to change the drawing order, is that the direction that I need to go, or what be recomended that I do differently?
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Lead-ins in AutoCAD

Post by tnbndr »

You are drawing your lead-ins in Autocad? Draw Order will have no affect that I know of. I was under the impression that the CNC software that converts the dxf to G code would create your lead-ins. In the very least there may be a way for you to tell that software which lines are lead-ins?
I use a software at the shop where I work and it does not create lead-ins so I just do without.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Misguided Creator
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Misguided Creator »

tnbndr wrote:You are drawing your lead-ins in Autocad? Draw Order will have no affect that I know of. I was under the impression that the CNC software that converts the dxf to G code would create your lead-ins. In the very least there may be a way for you to tell that software which lines are lead-ins?
I use a software at the shop where I work and it does not create lead-ins so I just do without.

Thanks for the reply. Alot of what I'm cutting out, divets from torch start-up, are not desired at all, and I've minimized them as much as I could with my move times. Right now I'm just using FlashCut's built in post processor, so I have to use AutoCAD for the offset for kerf, til I learn my Rhino software. I'm somewhat new, and have only been cutting for about a year now. I've always made sure that I've converted everything to a closed polyline except for single-line cuts, and I think that might be my problem. If I add a curve or line leading to my cut, and back out, from the outside of the piece, or from the inside of hole, and not close it, do you think this might be the right direction? Thanks.....Mike
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

I guess you can only try it. Sounds like it would work.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”