Consecutive Numbers Help

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
sfrsdavis
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Consecutive Numbers Help

Post by sfrsdavis »

Hey guys, is there a way to create consecutive numbers in DXF or auto cad without drawing each individual sign? Pictured below is a sample of what I need to make and the numbers will go from 0001 to 0400+. Its going to take forever to draw each one! Sure hope y'all can help me out! I don't mind drawing them up to an extent but thats too much. Thanks for any ideas!
US Pipe #.JPG
US Pipe #.JPG (119.71 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Consecutive Numbers Help

Post by acourtjester »

What I would do is first create the 0 to 9 number DFX in your CAD or Inkscape, Have them all in the opened page of the program. Now start up another page and use the copy and paste function to move any number from the original page to the new one. If you need to use a number more then once just paste again. When you have you numbers on the new page form them in to the sequence you want and then save them as a new DXF and put the sequence in the name of the saved file. Move on to the next sequence by changing the numbers and save that one.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
transon1
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by transon1 »

If I recall AutoCad has an express tools with an auto number command. However LT does not have that command.
Tracy Ranson

Owner
Knotty Wood Crafts and Katerina Collection
https://www.artyah.com/browse?FullTextQ ... ts&x=0&y=0
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

Are you going to cut the strip out of a sheet if so you can cut and paste your parts with a box around the numbers on the first part, then use another layer to paste new numbers with the center of the box as a reference point. As you can see, the numbers are a different length because of the width of each number. The number 0 is much wider then the number 1 and as you will have multiple numbers the width will change a lot (0006 VS 0111). With some information as to size of the part, size you want the letters, size of the sheet you are cutting up etc. one of the board members would be able to make a file for you. :D
INDEX NUMBERS -A.jpg
INDEX NUMBERS -B.jpg

Larry
sfrsdavis
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sfrsdavis »

Thanks! I will get a list of the numbers and measurements probably tomorrow and see what i have. the plan was to cut them all out of a few sheets and then bend the sides down like the picture.

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”