Dxf r14... ?

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Mr Patches
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Dxf r14... ?

Post by Mr Patches »

Hey guys. Sooo i went and bought Autocad 2017.. i have been using inkskape for the last 2 years and i have no complaints about it. However i cannot find the old r14 dxf files anymore.. still using 0.92 on inkscspe... So with Autocad i am a bit confused as to what file format to save to in order to let sheetcam read the file correct... my options for dxf seem to be r12.. is that going to throw my scaling off in sheetcam??

I read a bit about autocads exporting files using Bitmap dxf? So im a bit confused.. However the files are said to be easier to read and alot faster to open...
Mr Patches
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Dxf r14... ?

Post by Mr Patches »

Well. I am truley blown away! So please discard my confusion on the last post. Autocad is amazing! I moved files thru the autocad dxf and had no issues at all. No lines to chase. Totally ready to cut! WOW!!! I have spent hours going from inkscape to sheetcam back and forth deleting hidden lines. I created 5 drawings using autocad and not one hidden line. Well worth every penny spent!
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Dxf r14... ?

Post by Gamelord »

DXF is Autocad's original file extension so it should be a direct shoe-in. Everyone else tries to emulate Autocad's file formats which is why you get so many different results from each program that tries to export to Autocad.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”