Anyone know how to make text follow a arc
thanks
Retiredcpo
bhamer62
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: text in a arc

Post by bhamer62 »

Newer versions, 2012 and newer, have text on a arc capabilities, but I have not been able to explode text done in that manner to clean it up and make it cut ready. Sooooo....... I do the entire process manually. Takes a little effort but well worth it. Cuts problem free. I would be typing for days to explain how!!! If you PM me your phone no I can call and try to walk you through it sometime. I'm in PA so keep the time zones in mind
retiredcpo
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by retiredcpo »

right now I use desk engrave to do the text which is easy but once I import the text to autocad it takes lots of clean up
Not normally a problem but Im doing a custom deal with lots of text in it but im getting it
just looking for a faster way
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

If you are using Corel, you can use the 'fit Text to path' command found under the "Text" pull down menu.

To use:
1. Create your text in the size you want.
2. Draw your curve/arc/whatever with the line tool, freehand tool or you can make a circle or other object for the text to follow.
3. Select both the text and the object you want the text to follow.
4. Select 'Fit Text to Path'. The text will move to the object and follow the outline.
5. Adjust with the icons above. You can place the text on top, bottom, slide it side to side, space it out, change how it looks etc...
6. Once everything is how you want it, break the object/text apart, then select the object and delete (if necessary) to leave just the text.

Hope that helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
AliC1986
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AliC1986 »

You can explode ARC TEXTED by using the explode feature on the modify text, then highlight it once more and use the explode feature on the home tab.

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”