Exporting dxf with points in fusion 360

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Amerika0309
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Exporting dxf with points in fusion 360

Post by Amerika0309 »

I am try to bring a file into sheetcam with drill points, which I then use for a center punch operation. The problem I'm having is I create the design in fusion360 and export as dxf, but the dxf always omits the points I created. It doesn't seem to be an issue with importing into Sheetcam, since the points are already missing when I preview the dxf in QCad. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Exporting dxf with points in fusion 360

Post by tnbndr »

Not sure if Fustion 360 is the same as AutoCad, never used it. In Autocad you can Format your point style to different options. Format menu, point style and then pick an option. My guess is the point is there but too small to see? If you change the point style to a crosshair it may be visible.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Or perhaps draw some very small circles instead of the points.
David
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

I think your workflow is a bit wrong here. Design your F360 part with holes the size they are meant to be.
Export as DXF and bring into Sheetcam.
Select the holes you wish to centre punch and move to a new layer. I call this layer holes.
Create a plasma drill operation on layer holes. Make sure it is set up to only center punch holes below a diameter that is larger than the holes you want to punch.
Then run an outside profile cut on the original layer to complete your part.

Some post processors use special settings with a tool that uses a specific tool name like "CENTER PUNCH" so check your documentation or read your post processor file looking for comments.

On my Linuxcnc Plasmac table, I have a tool named "Centre spot" that fires the torch for 300 milliseconds and turns it off before receiving an ArcOK. This results in a very fine dimple.

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”