locating objects on Xand Y

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

locating objects on Xand Y

Post by trucks1948 »

If i'm drawing something like a bracket that has holes at certain x and y spots .How do i set these holes up to be exactly on the spots they need to be.Hope i explained this clear enough.I am using corel draw X5.thanks Jim
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: locating objects on Xand Y

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

by default the origin is at lower left of page, see menu tools/options/document/rulers to change the origin

select the object(s) to move/copy, then use the position tab on the transform docker (menu: window/dockers/tranformations/position) to move/copy the selection
Transform/position docker
Transform/position docker
transform.gif (10.33 KiB) Viewed 676 times
enter your coordinates in H and V inputs, uncheck relative position to enter absolute coordinates (relative to the origin), use the 9 way checkbox to set the base point position relative to the selected object(s), set copies=0 to move the selection, else it will make copies of the selected object(s)

if windows/toolbar/property-bar is checked, that toolbar has X and Y position inputs (same as H and V)
property bar
property bar
propertybar.gif (3.26 KiB) Viewed 676 times
for circular placements, use the rotation tab on the transform docker, or rotation input in the property bar, works similar to positioning, except to set an arbitrary base point for rotation, click the selection to activate rotation handles, and drag the center mark to the desired center of rotation, before applying rotation.
trucks1948

Re: locating objects on Xand Y

Post by trucks1948 »

Thank You I'll practice it.jim

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”