CALLING COREL WIZARDS

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
ColtDurr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

CALLING COREL WIZARDS

Post by ColtDurr »

Been using corel for a bit and fell in love, one thing on my quest for knowledge that I cannot get down and im sure its super easy is resizing object. Lets say I have a file,lets just say a big X, I decide I wanna double layer my big X, I i want to make the whole X 1/2' bigger to make a nice border. When I manually just add 1/2'' larger to deminsions is distortes the x differently than the origanal X. There has to be an easy way to explode the image exact right for multiple layers??
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: CALLING COREL WIZARDS

Post by WyoGreen »

I'm going to assume you used the dimension box at the top of the page in the toolbar. Was the "lock" symbol "Locked" when you changed the dimension? When it's locked, changing one dimension will automatically keep the other dimension in proportion. There is another way to do what you want to do, I seem to remember it's called Contour. I think you select the object, click on Effects>Contour and then choose the settings you want in the Contour docker.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

To what he said^^ Always make sure your page size is bigger than your object then center the object to the page, go to the page tab on the lower tool bar. Right click then select copy page and contents. you now have a duplicate of the original for scaling, you can also right click on the page number and rename as needed.
ColtDurr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ColtDurr »

When I go to scale my copy version the lines are not the the same at all. It's super weird. I wish I had a good way to explain it. I have a file, I want the exact same file to be a 1/4" bigger all the way around 365 degrees around it. When I go to scale it .25" bigger, it's not 1/4" all the way around. I'll post pics in a bit
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP
blackandtan
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by blackandtan »

I use contour quite a bit. It will do just what you want. I use it a lot on fonts that are to thin to cut, I convert them to curves and then add an outside contour to them, then break the contour group apart so I can delete the original font that was to thin. You can do inside or outside contour and set how many steps it will contour and the distance of the offset.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Never tried vlackandtans technique, always more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to software. I would select your objects and then set the line width to be wider and then convert the outline to objects. For example if you want the design .250" larger all around set your line width to .500" then drop down the Object menu and select Convert outline to Objects. Now drop down the view menu and click on wireframe and you will see clearly what you are left with. You need to then select all objects, drop down the Objects menu and click Break Apart. With the objects broken apart you can delete the lines or objects you don't want to cut and you should be good. Maybe there is an easier way but this is how I do it.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”