Filling a DXF file

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Filling a DXF file

Post by DXF »

Downloaded a trial version of Corel a couple of days ago......I used it several years ago and liked it. So far it looks like it will fill a DXF file nicely. I used the smart fill tool to do this and some of the fill paths are apparently open. I have no outline checked and specified "0" width but the outline is still there. Can I change the color of the outline to the color I'm filling with? How do I find the nodes on the path that are open and fix them. I would appreciate any help. Also are there any videos on Utube for tracing files and filling DXF files. Thank you!

Dave Hanks
Attachments
6661VO fill.dxf
(59.99 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
6661VO fill c copy.jpg
6661VO fill copy.jpg
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Filling a DXF file

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

What version do you have and did you have?

The smart fill tool is normally used for overlapping objects when you want to fill specified areas only. with an object selected you should have a Pen outline tool on your upper tool bar to select size and color of the objects border with. I keep the width at hairline by default as thicker lines will sometimes appear as 2 objects and create a double cut, Color fill is done by clicking on the color palette on the right tool bar with the object selected.

Do a search for Doug Green on Y/T he has a lot of tutorials on how to use CD. Once in his channel do a search for your ver and what you want to do with it.

Post up your CorelDraw file and save it as the CMX format so any version can open your file.
DXF

Re: Filling a DXF file

Post by DXF »

Thank you. I have several videos to watch. Haven't used Corel in years.....the trial version is Corel 2019 I downloaded from their site. I had access to Corel DrawX5 a long time ago and I have CRS (can't remember $hit) so it's like learning it all over again.....if it were easy everybody would be doing it!

Dave Hanks

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”