Cannot turn off layer exporting in v2017

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Cannot turn off layer exporting in v2017

Post by beefy »

Been using what I had always THOUGHT was a licensed copy of Coreldraw X5 for quite a few years now. Successfully activated online every time I installed on a new PC, got updates, etc.

Just a few days ago I get a nasty message on my PC saying my version of CD is pirated :shock: but I can take advantage of the amnesty deal and upgrade to 2017. Bent over in agony as I paid an extra $310 but am now happy to have all the improved features.

EXCEPT FOR ONE :shock: :lol:

In X5 I'd often have a drawing split up into layers, and I'd turn off layers I don't want exporting. Never had any issues.

Not so in 2017, I disable printing/exporting on a layer but it still exports that layer (using DXF). Also, unlike X5, I don't get any warning box saying something like, "Visible objects on non printable layers will not be exported". X5 would always give me that message.

I'll get onto Corel about this but just wondering if anyone is the wiser about this problem.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cannot turn off layer exporting in v2017

Post by weldguy »

Same thing happened to me with my Corel. I was a little choked about it and figured it was a ploy to soak more money out of everyone. Regardless I upgraded to 2018 version and am very happy. This time I purchased it direct from the Corel site so my Corel account shows I bought and paid for it direct from them. Sorry I can't help with the layering thing. I have never dealt with layers in Corel. Good luck beefy
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Cannot turn off layer exporting in v2017

Post by beefy »

Cheers Weldguy,

the Corel support is a little average. I got a response from a support ticket I submitted and all I was told to do was reset various things to default, etc. I've got 2 new installs (default settings, no fancy setup) on 2 separate computers and exactly the same problem.

After going through all of supports suggestions, I email back telling them nothing worked and can they themselves check if they have this same export issue in v2017. Somehow that question was invisible to them and they are now just asking me to uninstall manually and re-install.

I also made a new thread on the Coreldraw forum about this matter but it's been 4 days and it's still pending approval by moderators. Maybe the moderators don't like the question I asked. Is this indeed a bug in 2017 ???
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”