New to it all.

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Buckmaster1967
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

New to it all.

Post by Buckmaster1967 »

So, Does Corel Draw Graphics Suite create G-Code? Or would I need another program fro that? Thanks
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: New to it all.

Post by beefy »

Coreldraw is a vector graphics editing / creation program. It does not create gcode.

Typically that are 2 stages to creating gcode, although I think some software does incorporate both capabilities.

If you've ever heard the term CAD/CAM it's referring to the drawing part (the CAD e.g. Coreldraw, Autocad, etc) and gcode generation side (the CAM, in my case I use Sheetcam for plasma cutting). So for this explanation I'm using Sheetcam.

So I'll create the drawing in Coreldraw, export that drawing from Coreldraw as a DXF or SVG file, then import that DXF/SVG file into Sheetcam.
In Sheetcam there's a bunch of settings like feedrate, pierce height, cut height, leadin/leadout type & size, etc, etc.
Sheetcam also has a thing called a "Post Processor". There's a whole bunch of these to choose from in Sheetcam and you need to choose the one that's right for your cnc machine.
Once you've done all the settings in Sheetcam & selected the correct post processor, you then generate the gcode file for your machine.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Buckmaster1967
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: New to it all.

Post by Buckmaster1967 »

Keith,
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this for me. Great site.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”