rbarabe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Best Place to Buy Corel

Post by rbarabe »

Hi I am looking at investing in Corel Draw. So a few questions:

1. Which version X7? X8? CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2018
Graphic design software?

2. Best place to buy it of course for the cheapest price?

Thanks in advance

PS: I currently use Inkscape, Sheetcam, & Mach 3
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Best Place to Buy Corel

Post by WyoGreen »

I use Corel Draw, and my last upgrade came from Corel Draw themselves. You have to be careful about chasing the cheapest price because there seems to be quite a few counterfeit copies out there. If you get one of those, then you miss out on updates, upgrades and tech support.
My first copy of Corel Draw came off E-bay, and it ended up being counterfeit. They seemed like a legitimate company with a website and everything, but things got wonkey after I got the software. I got a chance to upgrade to a legitimate copy and took it. Right now I'm on X8 and it works great. I've tried using Inkscape, but just can't get the hang of it. Just too used to Corel Draw I suppose.

I've been told you can find good deals on older versions, but I don't know who from.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
rbarabe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Best Place to Buy Corel

Post by rbarabe »

Thanks Steve,

I just downloaded a trial version. I will give it a run and see if I like it. I am pretty computer literate so hopefully I can learn it quickly. I have downloaded some files that are in DFX but several have not been cut ready, which I didn't figure out til after the fact when pieces fell apart, they looked joined but they weren't.

Thanks for the input! I read several of your post under here so I really appreciate your input!

Rachelle

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”