how to make one object only

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
jrios
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

how to make one object only

Post by jrios »

i am having a problems with this one bracket that i did with corel draw...i did it using the bezier tool and it turns out when i import it on the command n cut software and i join segments it leaves out a line segment..when i . edit the line or make another one to fix the problem but then when i import it again and join segments it now is missing the next line in the line segment.. i did it in layers already....so what should i do ......the bracket looks like this ------> E .its a total of 12 objects....any suggestions in how to make it one object so my software command n cut wont mess it up when it joins the segments.
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: how to make one object only

Post by Metal Lee »

In corel draw double click on the pointer tool this will select all the objects, (If they are grouped you need to ungroup) now click on the combine tool this will put all the objects in relationship, now click on the node tool (make sure your in simple wireframe view mode) if you have broken line segments you can click and drag one node over another and they should attach and complete the line. In the node tool mode you can see the # of objects on the bottom of the screens, once it is cleaned up you can export as .plt If you are using .plt set your export settings as follows, Go to file-export, select .plt and press export a window will come up asking you to set paramiters, in the pen menu Color=Black, Pen width=.35mm,pen volicity=32cm/s. Next, "Page" tab,Scale= 100%, Plotter origin=bottom left, Page size 8x11,Orientation=portrait, plotter units= 1016. Now under the advanced, Simulated fill=none, Curve resolution=0.001 inches.
If you are designing your own files in corel you should never need to use the join segments option in your tracker soft ware corel is amazing for editing it's just to find the trick, I have been working with it for about a year and a halph now and i only know about a 10th of it's capabilities that's why we have great forum's like this so we can all share our knowledge. If your in a pickle and need the file cleaned asap PM me the file and I will see if i can clean it up and send it back.

I hope this helps...
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
jrios
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jrios »

my version is the 2001 - 2003 3.2.5 ... hey metal lee my settingas are as follows i dont know why it does that... sometimes i believe my command n cut acts a little bit shady because sometimes it opens up a drawing with missing segments and other times it opens them perfectly...exact same file..i always have to restart the computer and the program....and then sometimes it unexpectly shuts down i get some kind of runtime error on my command n cut software.
jrios
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jrios »

Tracker is full of it they want to charge me 500 bucks for the software....thats BoGUS,,,

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”