coreldraw

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
joyner60
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

coreldraw

Post by joyner60 »

Just bought coreldraw x4. Is the tutorial for sign cutting what I would use for plasma cutting. Also is the trace tool useful too?
admin
Site Admin

Re: coreldraw

Post by admin »

I am not sure if the sign making tutorial is the one you need. In the past I have found the tutorials very helpful but have not looked at any from the current Corel versions. Myself and others on the board can likely help you out if you have any questions. Corel is very feature filled and a lot of the features you will not use. Don't be discouraged, once you find out how to use it for your application you will love it.

The trace option is awesome. I use it all the time. The larger the image you trace the better. Tracing images will work best if you have a black, filled image on a white background. I will often use the included Photopaint software to mask the image and fill with black before resaving and performing the trace.

admin
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: coreldraw

Post by Metal Lee »

I currently use X3 and I love it, it is great for creating 2D line art for cutting and you can fill and save as jpeg for sending the image to my customers before I cut. I agree with admin that there is many functiond that you probably won't use but it's great because you can play with them later, you will be a master in no time! Feel free to ask questions, Newbie wrote some direction on how to use curf compinsation on the site, this comes in handy have a look for it.

Metal Lee
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”