Help with making this a dxf file

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
waparson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help with making this a dxf file

Post by waparson »

Hi guys, very new to this. My company just went from a burny5 with 4 oxy/fuel torches to a burny10 with a hypertherm 260xd plasma head. Eager to learning how to draw up different things in corel and exporting to dxf for the burny. Downloaded a few dxf files from this site already and they ran fine. One thing I would like to do is take our company's name/logo and work with it in corel to make a dxf. I have corelx5 if that makes a difference. Looking for some kinda of corel drawing 101 and and 101 on how to take .jpg or .bmp and change them to what i need. Also taking text and making it cutable would be nice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot!!
waparson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Help with making this a dxf file

Post by waparson »

I have the .bmp file but dont think I can post it per the forum rules. if one of you guys want to help me with it id be glad to send it to you and see what you can work out....
RogerB
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Help with making this a dxf file

Post by RogerB »

waparson wrote:Hi guys, very new to this. My company just went from a burny5 with 4 oxy/fuel torches to a burny10 with a hypertherm 260xd plasma head. Eager to learning how to draw up different things in corel and exporting to dxf for the burny. Downloaded a few dxf files from this site already and they ran fine. One thing I would like to do is take our company's name/logo and work with it in corel to make a dxf. I have corelx5 if that makes a difference. Looking for some kinda of corel drawing 101 and and 101 on how to take .jpg or .bmp and change them to what i need. Also taking text and making it cutable would be nice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot!!
I'm in the same boat new to cnc plasma and new to Corel Draw. I have been all over the net trying to get help with using fonts for sign making, it is tuff when you don't even know the right questions. Check out lynda.com for $25 bucks you can get access to a lot of Corel tutorials, I got lot of help just watching the demo's I think I will sign up for a month in the next day or two. Good luck.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”