Corel X6 vs x7

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Corel X6 vs x7

Post by gamble »

Is there anything really that different? I'm saving my files normally in x7 and even exporting a few as dxf and dwg. Sending them to my local laser cut place and they are on x6. Says he can't even open them. Never had an issue like this before. I must have sent him 10 emails different extensions including .ai. Anyone else ever see this?
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Corel X6 vs x7

Post by Gamelord »

Normally you can open older versions than what your current version is, but aren't able to open newer ones. The main reason is that the newer versions usually have some new code in them that isn't compatible while the older version can be included because they are already known.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

Gamelord wrote:Normally you can open older versions than what your current version is, but aren't able to open newer ones. The main reason is that the newer versions usually have some new code in them that isn't compatible while the older version can be included because they are already known.
AHHHHH ok, that makes perfect sense.
Is there anyway to save or export from x7 to be readable on x6?
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

Save as X6 version. Save as - and just above the "save" button it will give you a choice of what version to save it in.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

You can also save your files as a .cmx (Corel Presentation Exchange) file which will work universally among all versions of CorelDRAW.
1-800-590-7804
jakedog
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jakedog »

Just found a guy selling this on flea bay :
"The winner of this list has the choice to download the software from the corel website and I will send them the Serial code to activate the software. Or I can send the software through USPS on a flash drive with there Serial code. If your interested in my product and didn't win please just message me I'm open to offer but non-winners will only receive there code through ebay message and the corel website link to download the software. If you have any concerns please message me also all the code are legit and work so you can buy with confidence.

With this software you have the choice to download the full software directly from the corel website and I will send you your key to active the full version. Or I can the software on a flash drive with your serial number all the code are new and never use before so the code are "Brand New". If you don't wwin the listing and still interested in the product please just message."
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

The one I bought was for "students" only stating you need to submit your class schedule or student email address or blah blah blah. It's all BS. Look through my threads, I started one on it. They just say it's for students only as to get away with the low price. I got the cd in the mail in the retail box sealed for 70. This one to be exact
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corel-DRAW-Grap ... 27fcefb031
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
jakedog
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jakedog »

I thought it was funny he is selling it on a flash drive

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”