Corel Draw X3 Smart Fill Tool??????

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Brenham Iron Works
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Corel Draw X3 Smart Fill Tool??????

Post by Brenham Iron Works »

Every time I use my smart fill all it does is create another outline of the area that I want to fill. Can someone tell me why I am having this problem. Do I have a setting that I don't know about. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: corel draw X3 ??????

Post by admin »

The Smart Fill tool is commonly used to fill "unclosed" objects and it does this by determining the best way to "close" the object and when it does this it creates an additional outline to represent that and fill it leaving it and your original behind. You may not be seeing the "fill" effect if your viewing the drawing in "Wireframe" view. Drop down the "View" menu and select "Normal" to see it. I would recommend not using the Smart Fill tool but rather the standard Fill tool unless you really have to, I personally never use it but I cans see its effectiness in other applications.

Admin
jim
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Corel Draw X3 Smart Fill Tool??????

Post by jim »

I use the CMYK palette make sure this is open.When you have your drawing up on the screen left click your mouse and drag around your drawing. Then click on arrange and go down and click on combine . Then go to view and go down and click on enhanced. You now can pick any colour from the palette. Hope this helps.
Jim(murals in metal)

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”