Weird Issue with Corel Draw X6

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Weird Issue with Corel Draw X6

Post by Metriccar »

First off for some reason I have no permissions to post in the Corel forum, so I'm posting here.

I can draw a bunch of shapes in Corel, using hairline thickness, save it as a DXF, close it, and open it back up, and the circles look thicker, meaning they don't look like hairline thickness anymore, but a thicker line. When I zoom in the circles look the same thickness as everything else and they still show as "hairline" thickness. It's causing havoc for me because I try opening the DXF file in Design Edge, everything is in it's proper place, but the circles are in the wrong place. I can't locate the circles perfectly in the center of things in Design Edge like I can in Corel which is why I'm using Corel. Anybody ever run into this?
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Weird Issue with Corel Draw X6

Post by Metriccar »

It's only when I save it as a DXF file. When I save it as a CDR file and open it up it's the same. When I save it as a DXF file and open it back up, anything round looks thicker. I can't thin it by selecting "hairline."

It's also only when I use the "elipse" tool. I do the "happy face" basic shape, or circle within a circle basic shape, and it doesn't happen. Very strange.

It was working fine earlier.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

You may want to look into the DXF tools for corel. Corel has always had issues exporting to DXF. Also check the version you are exporting to. Not all versions support elipses
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Metriccar wrote:First off for some reason I have no permissions to post in the Corel forum, so I'm posting here.

I can draw a bunch of shapes in Corel, using hairline thickness, save it as a DXF, close it, and open it back up, and the circles look thicker, meaning they don't look like hairline thickness anymore, but a thicker line. When I zoom in the circles look the same thickness as everything else and they still show as "hairline" thickness. It's causing havoc for me because I try opening the DXF file in Design Edge, everything is in it's proper place, but the circles are in the wrong place. I can't locate the circles perfectly in the center of things in Design Edge like I can in Corel which is why I'm using Corel. Anybody ever run into this?
Try selecting your circle or Elipse and dropping down the Arrange menu and selecting Convert to Curves. Converting it to curves prior to exporting as dxf will likely resolve your issue.

Good practice is to save your Corel drawings in Corel.cdr format and keep it as your original and when changes need to be made go back to the .cdr file to make them. This will eliminate problems related to opening and resaving from alternate file formats like dxf and will help to maintain consistency. Once satisfied with your changes export as dxf and go cut the parts.
1-800-590-7804

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”