Problem with Corel draw x3

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Problem with Corel draw x3

Post by OTHill »

Hi I have suddenly run into a problem with Corel draw x3.I cannot import any files into it any more.The files all come in with a dimension one way but a 0 dimension the other way.Any ideas any one? Thanks.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Problem with Corel draw x3

Post by Gamelord »

Strange, you may want to try and reset Corel. To do this hold down the F8 key while starting. It should give you the option to reset to factory settings. This will default EVERYTHING though, so if you have some custom macro's and such you may want to back those up. It won't do anything to your already saved drawings.

Hope this helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

That must be a Windows 7 or newer option as nothing different happens when happens when I press F8 and start CD.I am running Win.XP. Could it be that XP has updated itself to often and is not compatible with CD X3 anymore? There were a bunch of new updates on Dec.18 and thats about when CD started acting up.I had an older version of Alibre design quit on me a while back also for no apparent reason.I have deleted and reloaded both and it made no difference.Allan
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Your operating system shouldn't make any difference. Are you holding down the F8 key while Corel starts? It should bring up a popup for you to reset.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate CAD
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Gamelord wrote:Your operating system shouldn't make any difference. Are you holding down the F8 key while Corel starts? It should bring up a popup for you to reset.
Yes I am holding down the F8 key while starting up Corel and it starts just like normal.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Gamelord wrote:Your operating system shouldn't make any difference. Are you holding down the F8 key while Corel starts? It should bring up a popup for you to reset.
Finally got Coreldraw working.Found out that my key board has an F lock that has to be pushed to use the F keys.Than it reset and started working perfect.Thanks every one.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Glad you got it working. :)

Torchmate CAD

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”