corel draw awesome find

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

corel draw awesome find

Post by abmagrum »

hi,

my friend James Leonard the guy who made the dxf pro tool. suggested this tutorial video for corel draw

http://www.coreldrawunleashed.com/ $59.99

this video is really informative. great if you are a beginner probably help everyone else too.

Foster explains it down to earth. how to use corel draw way better then the tutorials on the internet

I am computer illiterate and it was easy for me to understand. if I can do it anyone can.

heads up you have to use google chrome or fire fox to order the website does NOT accept e explorer

if you can get to check out you are fine . if you get an error you have to order with a different browser.

it takes about 20 minutes to install. then you have to find the file in c drive after that its a piece of cake.

and well worth it .

I know im glad I found it.

al
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: corel draw awesome find

Post by Metriccar »

For CAD, I have narrowed my choices down to CorelCAD or CorelDraw. I'm trying them both out. CorelDraw is currently $400 and CorelCAD is like $650.

CorelDraw has a lot of users, support, literature, add ons and instructions, and is cheaper.
CorelCAD may be a better option for 2D design, for reasons unknown to me at this time, but that's what it's designed for so it should be better suited than CorelDraw in theory, for designing things that require dimensions, measuring, etc.
fostercoburn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by fostercoburn »

Thanks Al, I'm glad you are finding CorelDRAW X6 Unleashed useful. As the author/producer of the training, I wanted to clarify a few things for everyone.

The direct link to the training DVD mentioned is http://www.unleash.com/coreldraw-x6-unleashed/

Our site does not do anything to block Internet Explorer from working. In Al's case, he was having issues caused by a security setting in Internet Explorer (he isn't the first) and I felt the quickest solution for him was to suggest using Firefox or Chrome. Trying to get things working in Internet Explorer can often take a long time because we have to go hunting for the settings causing the problem. If a user isn't very familiar with all these settings (very few users know them well), it is hard to talk them through it over the phone. This is a classic example of Microsoft's attempt to "help" users actually making it more difficult. Yes, I do recommend users avoid Internet Explorer as it causes problems with many sites and the other browsers just work.

I hadn't installed the DVD in many months so I wanted to install it myself to see how long it takes. On a five year old machine, it took seven minutes to install for me. Keep in mind that the installer is copying 4.5 GB of data to your hard drive and that just takes a bit of time. Loading the CorelDRAW X6 Unleashed PDF after install was measured in a few seconds. As for the comment about having to "find the file in the C drive", I'm sorry to hear that Al didn't launch things from the group the installer automatically creates. If you are on Windows 8, it is on the Apps screen. For earlier versions of Windows, it is in the Start menu. For Windows 8 users who haven't already installed it, I highly recommend you install the Start8 utility (http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/) as it will give you back a real live Start menu again. It does cost $5 after a 30-day trial (I get nothing from it other than knowing you'll find your computer much easier to use).

The DVD consists of two main components. There is a 630 page full-color PDF ebook and more than 13 hours of video tutorials. These two components are designed to work together so you can read about a feature and then watch it in action. Whether you are a new CorelDRAW user or an advanced user, there is something everyone will learn. It is priced at $59.95.

For those with earlier versions of CorelDRAW, you'll find links on the page for DVDs covering previous versions of CorelDRAW. Thanks in advance for choosing to invest in my CorelDRAW training.
jemmyell
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jemmyell »

Hi,

Foster, thanks so much for clarifying some things!

-James
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

sorry about the misshaps
like I said im computer illiterate
but I know this is a good video to learn corel draw.
you make it easy to learn the tools.
the video is right to the point. easy to follow. not long winded
if you are a beginner like me or want to know how to use the many corel draw tools easily . this video is for you

just follow Fosters instructions
once its loaded its a piece of cake
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

this video tutorial is cool and easy .
just learned the break a part and join tool. :D
wish I would have found this summer
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
fostercoburn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by fostercoburn »

I was finally able to discover what was causing problems in Internet Explorer when Al tried to order. Al, you didn't do anything wrong. Neither did our site. Microsoft made a change that broke big sites like Google and their own Outlook e-mail site. It also wreaked havoc on our shopping cart. I still highly suggest people simply don't use Internet Explorer as the other browsers are just flat out better (and free). But anyone who refuses to switch browsers should learn the one very simple change to make so that it will work on all sites again. I've documented it all at http://graphics-unleashed.unleash.com/2 ... -evil.html

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”