rounded corner in corel draw

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
eonedila
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

rounded corner in corel draw

Post by eonedila »

Single side rounded corner in corel draw? I have been using corel draw software for the past 8 years.. i started working with corel 5. now i am using corel x4.. i have a doubt in corel draw sometimes i am using rounded corner effects in corel it has a function to curve a corner. even though its a squire shape we can blend a single corner only.. i was using it but i don't know what function i was used.. pls help me.
Last edited by eonedila on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: rounded corner in corel draw

Post by Team Tracker »

See image below. If you unlock the padlock in the center of the corner radius boxes you can put a different size radius on all corners or no radius at all.
corel_corner.JPG
corel_corner.JPG (36.1 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
1-800-590-7804
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

If you want to round all corners the same:
Draw a square or rectangle the size you want it.
Click the node tool
Drag one of the nodes until the corners are the way you want them.

This only works on a polygon shape and will change all four corners equally. If you want to only change one corner, or if your corners need to be an exact radius then use the fine example shown above.

If you want to manually edit one or more of the corners of your polygon, you will need to first right click on the object and "convert to curves" then you can click the node tool and edit to your hearts content. :)

Hope this helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

My question here is that if I have an uneven box, say 6 X 12 and use the radius corner tool the radius's do not look even(true)

I usuallt do my own with the 3 point curve.. Is it just me?
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

There is another icon next to the radius boxes. This will change the "relative corner scaling" It is usually selected by default which means it will scale the radius according to the size of the drawing. If you uncheck this, your corners should look true.

Also, if you are trying to put a radius that is too large on a drawing, Corel will scale it to fit. So, if you have a square that is 10x10, and you radius the top left at 8 and the bottom left at 5, it will give a very distorted result. If you radius the top left and the bottom left at 5, it will make a perfect round (half circle). Anything less than 5 will give a nice rounded corner and then a straight side between the next one.

If you do a radius and then skew, stretch or size the object, the radius will also change from its original. This also may give a distorted radius or one that is no longer true.

Hope this helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Capstone »

Lots of good replies, but I still think the OP is just a link-whore-posted to pull up hits.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Capstone wrote:Lots of good replies, but I still think the OP is just a link-whore-posted to pull up hits.
Your right, OP has been banned, post edited, thread will stay up since it contains useful info.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”