Layers in CorelDraw

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Layers in CorelDraw

Post by 762frmafr »

In working with CorelDraw, I use layers so that my machine can differentiate between the inside and outside of the piece I will be cutting. My question is, is there a way, in Object Manager to select objects on that layer? Meaning if I have 25 objects or curves on the inside layer, can I scroll down the list of objects and select the ones i want selected?
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Layers in CorelDraw

Post by plain ol Bill »

I read through your post several times and cannot figure out exactly what you are trying to do. Give us some more information please.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

I appreciate your help. I actually figured it out not long after I made this thread. What I was trying to do was, in object manager...where the layers are, I was trying to select multiple objects in the list of items in a certain layer.
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

interesting, I didn't realize there was no easy way to select all objects on a layer

if there's a lot to select it might be easiest to click lock on the other object layer(s) and hit cntrl-A to select all (on the unlocked layers), which can all be done in the compact layer list without having to display or select all the object selectors in the layer list

(then I would usually combine them so they are a single object)
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

I don't know that it was difficult. It is just that I am a self taught Corel guy and just never done it before. I have had the call to do it, but every time i searched for how, I came up with nothing.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Am I getting confused with the subject here ? because I can select all objects on a layer very easily.

Click the first item at the top, press shift, then click the bottom item and all objects are selected.

Or hold control and click individual items if some have to be left out.

Coreldraw X5.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

let's just say it's not as easy as it could be and which way is easiest and fastest varies depending on how you use layers and the object manager

what y'all call very easy and not difficult, I call not easy enough and takes too long

ideally there should be a way to instantly select all objects on a layer even when object manager is compacted, collapsed and/or not visible
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Guess that could be handy. Say something along the lines of you select on object on the main drawing area, then right click and there's an option there with words along the lines of, "Select all objects on this layer".

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

yep, and what's cool about corel is once you have the command you can customize where it appears and bind it to a hot key

it would not be too hard to write a macro that extends the current selection to all objects on the same layer(s)

and/or one to select all enclosed shapes

I might have to make room for macros on my upcoming tutorial site, simple macros could be shared just like vector art...

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”