Converting a EPS file to DXF

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
snowman70
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Converting a EPS file to DXF

Post by snowman70 »

I have a folder with a bunch of EPS files in it. I can open them in CorelDraw but I haven't figured out how to convert to dxf so I can open in Bobcad. What I have tried is opening in Coreldraw and saving as dxf, then opening in Bobcad but nothing appears when it opens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Converting a EPS file to DXF

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I don't know about bobcad, but if you're exporting a later version of DXF it will have splines, and that could be the problem, so you might try exporting an earlier DXF before 2000 (not available in X3 or X4) which will have line segments in place of splines, or better yet apply arc fitting with a program like dxf tools to get dxf with arcs (corel draw only makes dxf with line segments or splines, not arcs which are best for cnc). I would think bobcad can handle splines, but possibly not....
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

If you're using Sheetcam, you can use .svg files also--which might be easier to convert to than a .dxf. I've used Illustrator to open the .eps, then export as .svg, then directly to Sheetcam from there.
snowman70
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by snowman70 »

I did figure out a way to do it. I used Xara to open the EPS, then exported to Bobart as a PDF, vectorized and saved as a DXF. Might be the long way around but it did work.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”